It is a Getaway Full of Fun and Excitement
The North Carolina High Country offers a variety of activities for those looking for a weekend getaway or an extended staycation. Whether you’re looking for a thrilling adventure or a relaxing retreat, the NC High Country has something for everyone! From hiking trails and world-class fly fishing to swimming, horseback riding, zip-lining, white water rafting, and more, dare to explore everything the NC High Country has to offer.
Experience the Small-Town Charm of the NC High Country
Experience the charm of small-town living in the NC High Country. With quaint downtowns, delicious restaurants, unique shops, and beautiful scenery, visitors can get a taste of true Southern hospitality. Take a stroll around Boone, Blowing Rock, Banner Elk, Beech Mountain, Sugar Mountain, and more, and explore everything this amazing region has to offer.
Appalachian State University
Don’t forget to check out Appalachian State University while visiting the NC High Country. Home to over 20,000 students, visitors can explore the university’s vibrant campus and take in the stunning views of the surrounding mountains. From football games to cultural events, Appalachian State University offers something for everyone. In addition, many of the alumni tend to stay in the state and frequent the area post-graduation.
Why visit and why invest here?
Reasons to Visit Boone, Blowing Rock, Banner Elk, Sugar Mountain, and Beech Mountain:
1. Experience the unique and beautiful landscapes of the North Carolina High Country that have been created by the rolling hills, lush forests, and winding rivers.
2. Enjoy a variety of outdoor activities such as skiing, snowboarding, hiking, mountain biking, fishing, zip-lining, horseback riding, golfing, and camping.
3. Visit the many charming towns in the area such as Blowing Rock and Banner Elk with their shopping centers and restaurants.
4. Attend one of the many festivals and events that are held in this part of North Carolina throughout the year such as the Woolly Worm Festival in Banner Elk, the Grandfather Mountain Highland Games in nearby Linville, or any of the many home football games in the Fall.
5. Tour some of the historical sites like Daniel Boone’s Log Cabin near Moses Cone Manor or the nearby Museum of Native American Artifacts at Horn In The West located in Boone.
6. Take advantage of nearby attractions like Biltmore Estate in Asheville or Tweetsie Railroad theme park in Blowing Rock.
7. Relax at one of many spas located throughout the area such as Spa At Chetola Resort & Spa located on the slopes of Beech Mountain or SpaAtTheMansion located near downtown Boone.
Reasons to Invest in Short Term Vacation Rentals in the High Country:
1. Booming tourism industry due to its popularity among local residents in surrounding booming urban areas like Charlotte and Raleigh; especially during peak seasons like summer and winter months when demand for vacation rentals is highest.
2. Easy access to major airports (Asheville Regional Airport & Charlotte Douglas International Airport) which makes it convenient for visitors from other states or countries to get there conveniently without any hassle; hence increasing its potential customer base significantly due to increased accessibility from far away places.
3. Chance to get in “early” to a market that has historically been a true 2nd home or vacation market and not primarily investor-owned only.